In this special Green Shoots session, learn how countries are catalysing the Web3 movement through two inaugural cross-border collaborations.
PROJECT DUNBAR: A FOUNDATION FOR FUTURE GLOBAL PLATFORMS USING MULTI-CBDCS
Central banks are exploring how CBDCs issued on a common platform can be used across borders for faster, cheaper and safer payments. This is the most efficient model for payments connectivity but is also the most challenging to achieve. Project Dunbar is one of the first to successfully resolve the key challenges and build prototypes to prove the technical viability of the concept.
In this session organised in partnership with the BIS Innovation Hub (Singapore Centre), hear from participating central banks in Australia, Malaysia, Singapore and South Africa on how they have resolved challenges around governance, access policies and regulatory differences across jurisdictions. Learn about how the technical prototypes developed pave the way for future regional and global payments platforms, and the wide-ranging implications beyond payments.
· Adam Gorajek, Manager, CBDC Research, Reserve Bank of Australia
· Alan Lim, Head, FinTech Infrastructure Office, Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS)
· Lyle Horsley, Divisional Head, Fintech Unit, South African Reserve Bank
· Yip Kah Kit, Deputy Director, Payment Services Policy Department, Bank Negara Malaysia
· Moderator: Toh Wee Kee, Advisor, BIS Innovation Hub Singapore
POINT ZERO FORUM
How will Web3 change financial services? What is the impact on business models? What are the current and future regulatory frameworks required?
The organisers of the Singapore FinTech Festival introduce Point Zero Forum, the inaugural invite-only event that will take place in Zurich, 21st-23rd June. In this session find out what you can expect from this unique collaboration between Elevandi, MAS, SIF, BIS IH, Finance. Swiss, Switzerland Global Enterprise, Swiss National Bank and the Swiss Banking Association
· Sopnendu Mohanty, Chief FinTech Officer, Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS), Chairman of the Board, Elevandi
· Daniela Stoffel, State Secretary, State Secretariat for International Finance SIF
· Moderator: Oliver Bussmann, CEO & Founder, Bussmann Advisory, Former CIO & Group Managing Director, UBS