MAS has been promoting Singapore as a hub for crypto innovation and digital asset use cases. Yet, it has been warning against retail investments in cryptocurrencies and taking measures to restrict retail access. Some observers find this confusing. Where exactly does MAS stand and what does Singapore want to be in the crypto world? Why does MAS say it welcomes innovation but makes it difficult to obtain a licence? Will MAS tighten regulation in light of the recent failure of crypto firms?
This special Green Shoots seminar, organised by MAS in collaboration with Elevandi, will address these and other questions related to MAS’ strategies to develop Singapore as a digital asset hub. The discussions will address:
1. MAS’ position on cryptocurrencies, stablecoins, blockchain, tokenisation, digital assets, etc., including risks and opportunities; shortcomings and potential.
2. MAS’ developmental and regulatory approaches towards making Singapore an innovative and responsible digital asset hub.
– Ravi Menon, Managing Director, Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS)
– Alex Svanevik, Chief Executive Officer, Nansen
– Carl Wegner, Chief Executive Officer & Founder, Contour
– Richmond Teo, Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Paxos
– Umar Farooq, Chief Executive Officer, Onyx by J.P Morgan
– Moderator: Sopnendu Mohanty, Chief FinTech Officer, MAS