Trends in payments that were predicted to develop over 5 to 10 years have occurred within 5 to 10 days. In the midst of the world’s acceleration towards digitisation, the growth in e-payments and e-commerce has been overwhelming. We were delighted to be joined by four retail payments experts who discussed:
– The changing behaviours of consumers and merchants – does this pandemic signal the end of cash or just a temporary demise?
– The impact on the payments value chain in the short and long term
– New value-add services in payments that will drive enhanced experiences for consumers and merchants
– The rising levels of payments fraud and the measures available to protect consumers and merchants
– Reuben Lai, Senior Managing Director and Co-Head, Grab Financial Group
– Jeremy Tan, Chief Executive Officer, Liquid Group
– Joel Yarbrough, VP Asia Pacific, Rapyd
– Milind Sanghavi, Head of Digital Payments, OCBC Bank
The session also featured an item by Jo Yeo, Head of the Payments Development and Data Connectivity Office at the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS). Jo introduced some key e-payments initiatives that MAS has been working with the industry on to facilitate e-payments during this pandemic, with a quick recap on the new payments regulations that came into force this year.
*Please note that this session is not open for media reporting.
Come join our SFF Green Shoots weekly series: https://www.fintechfestival.sg/greenshootsseries